• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone seen Sunnywoods rainbow Morgan collection @ FUN

14 posts in this topic

I've been in O-town all week , but haven't stopped at the OCCCenter yet.....been vegetating and kicking back ...., but , I'll make my first go-see today , in a few hours when public reg begins .

Did you want me to get some pictures or something?

...or did you already see it and wanted to compare notes?

I was looking forward to seeing his collection in person , hope there wasn't a foul-up or mis-fire and it is not there ?

I am planning ahead and bringing my sunglasses in prep for the bright rainbow-blinding display . I'm not usually into toned man-hole covers , but I understand that he has really supposedly put some real earnest effort into building this Top Set and really want to see what an entire display of them will look like.....I'm thinking they'll draw the eyes like some of the ones I've been eyeing in dealer boxes and pics posted in online boards .

If Sunnywood is present , I'd like to meet him . I'm not sure if I have ever met him in person at any other event , but if not , no prob , at least I hope to see this set.

I'll probably be at the luncheon again on Saturday

Took a while for me to get the time to post some of the pics , and I'll say upfront that my new camera is still a mystery to me , so the pics are not that great .....the lighting in a convention center is notoriously bad to begin with , but having table lamps glaring didn't help much either....these were some of the most colorful and , well, nicest toners to behold all in one huge layout display . You could literally get within inches of them to enjoy close up viewing and what a sight they were . I spoke with a friend at the show after the luncheon who knows this Sunnywood , and he says the fella is a stand up guy , but alas , I did not get a chance to meet or speak with him due to wanting to meet up with some note dealers and see a regional dealer that was there .

I'll try to post them in in each box without commentary , unless needed.

-John / Coin

DSCN0049.jpg

This one ?

DSCN0054.jpg

OR....THIS one ? Man I wish I could have gotten all the color angles on these...everytime I moved a fraction the hues would produce a new rainbow it seemed.

DSCN0053.jpg