• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEAT COIN STORY.

7 posts in this topic

I bought this 28 coin lot for about $76.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=525&item=2198297169

I noticed two neat coins in it. The Bicentennial Quarter, and the double struck 1979 nickel. These were the two coins I was most interested in.When the coins came in the nickel was double struck, and it had two dates on it. The quarter was also a neat coin but it was incased in a plastic block about an inch thick. I had to come up with a way to remove the quarter. So, I decided to place it in the oven but at a low temperature about 210 degrees. The plastic just bubbled up, and when it cooled off it just peeled away exposing a beautifull coin that I thought someone had ruined.

I have since sold off most of the other coins except for most of the dated ones, and have already made more than what I paid for the whole lot to begin with. Thought I would share the story with you guys, and gals.The quarter, and nickel are going out for grading.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

The plastic just bubbled up, and when it cooled off it just peeled away exposing a beautifull coin that I thought someone had ruined.

Mystifying! insane.gif

Hoot