• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS stats for foreign coins

5 posts in this topic

I believe they do keep a record in their census, but you have to be a member to access it (if it is online, not sure about that). PCGS lags NGC in the foreign category by a long ways.

Thanks, Physics.

I am a member of the PCGS club...but I don't wonder to the "other side" very often. I will check out their site and see if I can find the information I am looking for.

Ri AL

PCGS DOES post stats online for foreign certified coins. I believe you have to be a member of the PCGS club, but finding the stats is easy. Thanks for the tip, Physics.

RI AL

Does PCGS keep statistics on foreign coins they certify, and where can that information be found?

Thanks.

RI AL

The last time I checked, you did not have to be a member of their club to access the world census though I do believe you have to be one for the US data.

I have only looked at the data for the coins I collect and for one of them (South Africa), it is useful. Though NGC has graded many more coins, they have a disproportionate (to the population graded) number of high quality specimens and quite a few of the scarcer issues. For the others (such as Spanish colonial pillars minors), they have graded very few.