• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I found a new produt for cleaning up scratched holders

9 posts in this topic

I just found a new product for cleaning up scratched holders and thought the info would be of interest to the board. It is a plastic polish and is sold by Griot’s Garage, a company that sells high-end car care products.

I have used it and it works better than any of the other things I have tried in the past. It completely removed fine scratches and scuffmarks from both NGC and PCGS holders. Although it will not completely remove deeper scratches, it did significantly reduce them to a point where they are no longer as distracting or annoying. At $9.95 for an 8oz bottle, I think the price is pretty good, as 8oz should last the average collector for years.

For disclosure purposes I have no connection to this company other than as a customer.

Here is a link to the product on their site.

Griots Garage Plastic Polish

John

Hey, thanks for the info. I keep forgetting every time I go into Kragen's to see if they have any such stuff... confused.gif

BUT..I know a better way to get rid of the scratches. A sledge hammer to the slab! Works perfectly. Now you can see the coin without any scratches. Not bad, eh? 893whatthe.gif

jom

Wanted to get in my product choice as well. Have been using BLUE MAGIC Liquid Metal Polish. Before you scream at me, it says it is safe for plastic. It is non-abrasive and worked very well on my holders with minor scratches. Any auto parts store should carry it as that is where I got mine. 8 oz. lasts a long time.

David

Jom: Put the sledgehammer down and step away from the slab, NOW!

Liberty, Freedom and Justice for All! Entombed coins unite! laugh.gif

jom

thanks john!! i have yet to try this paticular plastic polish.

as for myself, i like a product made by Meguiars. its called "mirror glaze". clear plastic cleaner and polish!!!. it might be a simple two step process, but, it sure works good!!!!!

if your local automotive paint supply store does not have it, it can be purchased from there web site: www.meguiars.com .

mike

-----------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif