• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pricing on Proof Silver Eagles has been Status Quo UNTIL ...

5 posts in this topic

Recently where I noticed that the 1987 PF70 has started escalating in price to where Numismedia says its now a 1500 dollar coin.

Are the other price catalogues following the price increase on this coin or is it a NUMISMEDIA thing ...

Just curious.

APMEX is selling the non-certified version for $43 still, whereas 1989 is $45 ... I mention that because they're not selling the certified 1987 at all but the 1989 PF-69UC is going for $40 and the PF69DC for $45 (NGC vs PCGS).

So, are you listing that price for a PF-70? Or something else? If the latter, I'd say it's a type-o. If the former, well, that's what happens with the registry set craze (note that APMEX is selling the 1988 certified by PCGS as PF-70DC for $1200).

Numismedia lists it @ $1530 to be exact. PCGS doesn't even have a 1987 PF70 in their registry.

Recently where I noticed that the 1987 has started escalating in price to where Numismedia says its now a 1500 dollar coin.

Are the other price catalogues following the price increase on this coin or is it a NUMISMEDIA thing ...

Just curious.

So, are you listing that price for a PF-70? Or something else?

PF 70 .. Yes Sorry for the lack of details in my question Kinda helps huh :)

Recently where I noticed that the 1987 PF70 has started escalating in price to where Numismedia says its now a 1500 dollar coin.

Just curious.

just dont crack the coin out of its respective holder then it loses its demand for someone to pay 1500 smackers for it