• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1/4 oz Gold Buffaloes

What's your stand?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What's your stand?

12 posts in this topic

I purchased the BU and proof quarter oz Buffaloes from the Mint this month. I think they are true sleepers with relatively low mintages for a modern coin. Plus, they are a one year type coin, approximately the size of the nickel and have tremendous eye-appeal!

Proof - 6,003

Uncirculated - 4,108

The BU mintage is less than the Jackie Robinson $5 BU which peaked at around $5K. I'm glad that I squeezed these two coins into my budget.

BC8_popup.jpg

I wish I was able to afford both the proof and unc 4 coin set as I believe these will be sleepers. I was able to get this beauty:

100_8126.jpg

100_8127.jpg

It may be a sleeper among the set, but I think that if it is, it will still be a very limited market among modern bullion/buffalo collectors. I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion and why I voted for the last option (even though I do collect "modern junk").

im kinda wondering why they dicontinued the smaller series. it is not a good time to take all the lower costing (easy to afford) products and keep the most costly hardest to afford items. some one may buy 3 1/4 oz golds compaired to buying a 1oz coin. i know i can affor 2-3 $5 buffs but when i look at the price of the 1oz i know i cant pull that out my well u know.

how do we know that in 2 years they decide to bring back the 1/4 buffs or decide they made a bad decission right now and end up selling more. then what?

if i buy 3 smaller then i can keep one for self and sell rest to help make MINE cheaper or free. if i buy the 1oz im stuck with full cost. if i make sense.

With the prices they are now, they are a definite winner for those who bought from the mint.

Screw buying at that price though. Nothing to make a set of them unless you go for 4 coin set. No other dates to build on them. Pretty boring really

Great looker, I did try to buy some but ran out of money for a few weeks just as the mint ran out of selling them. GAH ! oh well.. I'll just have to buy another set of platinum eagles :D