• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry links

4 posts in this topic

When I'm logged in on the registry, there are a whole bunch of links to other features at the top of the page, such as the census look-up or the Numismedia FMV guide. When I click on the link, it says that I have to sign in because this section is for members only. But I already logged in once on the registry page! Is there any way to make it so that I only have to log in once? The log in info is all the same, and you guys must have a cookie or something because it remembers me the next time I come back. Just a minor inconvenience.

Along the same lines, it might be nice to have a link to your excellent coin Encylopedia easily accessible from the Registry. If I'm cruising around and see a coin that interests me that I don't know about, it would be cool to instantly look it up in the encylopedia. Either put it at the top of the page and have it link to the Encylcopedia front page, or maybe put a link in each coin's entry. Have it link directly to the article for that coin.

• Administrator

Hi pf,

All you really need to do is make sure to click remember me when you're logging into each of the sites.

It's a bit annoying once, but after that things should be good unless you reset your cookies - at which point you'd have to do it again.

Ultimately, we'd like to implement a more pure single-sign-on solution, but that's tougher than it sounds when you're bridging across domain names.

We also have thought about the same things for the coin encyclopedia and in fact there are some cool back end data relationships to make that pretty straight forward to do. We haven't done it yet because we're thinking about doing some redesign on the coin details page and wrapping the links into that project.