• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what to buy me, for my birthday????????

5 posts in this topic

this is terrible people!!! my birthday is coming up two weeks from today and i want to buy some coins!!!! but, i want to buy some of these and i want to buy some of those, but,,,, then again....i could buy one of those...... or wait a minute.... i could buy some of those and have more than one!!!

ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

anybody else ever been in this situation??????

mike grin.gif

Mike,

I try to concentrate on whatever series I am working on at the time, but I have strayed from time to time when I have found something really nice or special. I guess the question is what direction do you want your collecting to take? Do you want to work on putting a series set together? Maybe a type set? Or perhaps you want only toned coins regardless of type?

The one thing I have personally found to be true is that it is more satisfying to set a goal for my collecting and than work toward reaching that goal, rather than taking the shotgun approach to coin collecting.

Good luck with your decision 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

John

thanks john.

unfortunatly, im working on way too many things at one time. over the last six months, i have added many small cents, mercs, and morgans. however, i have been eyeballing large cents lately. they dont seem to be moveing at a fast pace, and prices that ive found have been very good...... hey!! wait a second......ummmm,,, ya know, im thinkin large cents just might be my answer!!

thanks again john!

mike grin.gif

Actually, I'd collect half cents over large cents. They are rarer than the large cent but there a fewer collectors so good deals can be found.