• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK class! How would you grade this sweet thang?

12 posts in this topic

I'd say it's extra fine. Great surfaces and excellent devices. I'd pay top dollar.

(Great listing for the Jefferson nickel section. insane.gif Wonder what that says about us as collectors? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

Hoot

I don’t know about you guys, you all have seemed to miss a very important fact. It has been stored in VINYL for who knows how long. I’m sure there’s some hidden PVC damage somewhere. I would want to look closely at every inch of surface area before bidding! grin.gifdevil.gif

Hey! Check this site out for PERVERTS! 27_laughing.gif

Kidding aside, seriously, there's nothing like having a sweet, loving woman by your side for all the years of your life! SAY, "AMEN" Gentlemen! The wife and I are 18 years strong. Kids are all teens now, it won't be long before they're gone to raise their own families. Where does the time go?

Well, to make this thread more "coin tangent" wait until you can see my new addition to my collection. I'll post a pic soon!

Leo

There are two nicks in the field out in front of Jefferson but the profile is very smooth and clean. The strike hinges on a EDS strike with the wide rims but the letters and date are a tad soft. The toning grades MS67, the condition is a MS66 but ANACS only gave it a MS65. And yes, I would have returned it if there were any distracting marks, anywhere on the profile!

Thanks for lurking, I mean, looking'! 27_laughing.gif

Leo

Hey Leo, I really like that delicate ring of light blue. How on earth does a coin only four years old acquire this sort of toning?

Beijim

Beats me! Actually, coins can tone in a variety of enviornments and storage conditions. I've had a number of coins tone while stored in 2x2's and those 2x2 cardboard boxes, especially proof nickels. The toning on the 99-D looks natural and compares to several toned coins in my collection. I also have a 2000-D that has very nice light gold toning. I don't know what else to say other than, I'd be very unhappy finding out otherwise.

Leo