• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new set for the end of the year!

10 posts in this topic

thanks to coindude for finding such a great deal on a great set. now the questions are will they all grade cam? will the hair lines on the 25c, BB the coin? sorry for the quick pics one light went out and i was frustated (running on 2 now)

forumcoins001-14.jpg

forumcoins002-14.jpg

forumcoins003-14.jpg

forumcoins004-11.jpg

forumcoins005-11.jpg

forumcoins006-6.jpg

forumcoins007-8.jpg

forumcoins008-7.jpg

forumcoins009-6.jpg

forumcoins010-5.jpg

will the hair lines on the 25c, BB the coin?

I wouldn't think so, but it might knock it down to PR-64 or 63 if the lines are as obvious as they are in the picture.

looking at it they are very light scratches on 25c. i just happened to catch the right angle to show them the best :P

also im thinking the penny will not cameo. is anyone else thinking that?

The cent will not cameo because there is not much contrast on the obverse. The half dollar also should not make it because the reverse does not have much contrast. But I have a half dollar that made ultra cam with not enough contrast on the reverse IMO.

ive got the 1c,5c,10c in pcgs cameo and i realy needed the 25c and the 50c :( if im sending to pcgs would they for sure not get cameo? :(

they all look cameo to me some stronger than others but all do look cam!!

i think the proof quarter will grade but it will grade a point or two lower than gem due to hairlines

I just got back a 1954 Roosie, Washie and Frankie from PCGS and I thought that for sure AT LEAST 2 of the coins would cameo (and I'm normally pretty good with cameo). Only 1 did (Washie), so I think they are in a tighter mode again. I'd say at this point the only one of yours that I think would cameo would be the Jefferson.