• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capped Bust Half dollar set

6 posts in this topic

It would be cool if we could get a Capped Bust half dollar set One per Date. I realize collecting by overton is very popular, but for a smaller collector like me, It is somewhat impractical and overwhelming to work on a set of a hundred or so Busties. I would love a one per date set.

I agree with this. I think it would attract more collectors because completion of this set would be achievable. I'd like to see this myself.

I can't believe that they don't have one already because to me: Overton?! BFD! I don't care and it annoys me to see the stupid money asked for some anal difference because a gnat poo'd on the die and now there's the spotted letter variety. Sorry to offend but I've never seen the appeal.

I guess that is why I'm a type collector! I'd prefer a generic type with the best eye-appeal and grade that I could afford at the time. Now, that trips my trigger.

I can't believe that they don't have one already because to me: Overton?! BFD! I don't care and it annoys me to see the stupid money asked for some anal difference because a gnat poo'd on the die and now there's the spotted letter variety. Sorry to offend but I've never seen the appeal.

I guess that is why I'm a type collector! I'd prefer a generic type with the best eye-appeal and grade that I could afford at the time. Now, that trips my trigger.

Victor, I think the NGC registry set is based primarily on Redbook varieties, which tend to be the most colorful and interesting overdates and annomilies in the series, and the very coins that make Bust halves so interesting to a number of people...at least thats the line I gave NGC many years ago when they took a pole to see if they should create a variety set or a date set. I guess they listened to me, lol! :cloud9:

But, I don't see why we cant have both???

difference because a gnat poo'd on the die and now there's the spotted letter variety.

Don't know about the sentiment...but the comment rocks!!!!

I must say that Victor might very will be revealing the secrets to a few of the Overton varieities???!!!

PS Victor, could you please tell us what BFD stands for?