• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow take a look at this coin...

9 posts in this topic

Isn't she a beauty? Wish I could bid on her, it looks like a very nice solid coin! Look at the luster, wow. I wonder how much it will go far? This is by far the nicest classic head gold coin I've seen on ebay, no problems, full luster, great strike, and $5 piece in an affordable grade, + killer eye appeal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1836-NGC-5-GOLD-Classic-Head-Half-Eagle-NGC-AU-55_W0QQitemZ280295044200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoins_US_Individual?hash=item280295044200&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

d7ef_1_b.JPG

Great details but I'd prefer more original surfaces like this one I got from Mark Feld (and like your Classic Head quarter eagle).

70591.jpg.3af45383b7d7df8f6318abd3a65a025f.jpg

good looking au 55 with great lustre and from the photo looks

really eye appealling

i really do not like the pronged holder though...................

rather it have just a clear insert

Isn't she a beauty? Wish I could bid on her, it looks like a very nice solid coin! Look at the luster, wow. I wonder how much it will go far? This is by far the nicest classic head gold coin I've seen on ebay, no problems, full luster, great strike, and $5 piece in an affordable grade, + killer eye appeal!

I think it's OK, but not fantastic.

I think it's OK, but not fantastic.

Compared to most of the examples I've seen in AU holders, that one is fantastic. For a long while virtually anything you saw in an AU for the Classic half eagle and even the quater eagle was no more than EF at best. At times I thought they were not better than VF-30 to 35.

You can talk all you want about original and "crusty," you have an EF-40 coin in an AU-50 or 55 holder, it just doesn't cut it.

I really love the reddish hue on the $2.50 that began this post. Of course, the other coins are quite nice too. I'd be proud to have any of them.

I have a very sad $2.50 that came back in a BB with "scratched" on it. I didn't see it back in the dark ages when I bought it. (the scratch) This one will probably go off to ANACS...or ICG and some point. Anyway, the $2.50 that started this post would make a welcome addition to my collection....let's see now, 15% off if I apply for an e-Bay credit card, free shipping (is the money back promo still going on from Microsoft (?)...with all that in consideration...I still can't affort it.:cry:

My $5 is an XF 40 PCGS...seen it's share of banging around...but it was $290 when I bought it at the Boston show many moons ago. Top of my budget at the time.

Actually, this is the first time I have blown up pictures of these coins...I'm cringing for fear of what I'll see.

250001-1-2.jpg

250rev3-1-1.jpg

51837001-1-1.jpg

51837002-1-2.jpg