• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Breaking News Just Announced! A new edition of the Franklin Bible

8 posts in this topic

:news: Woohoo! Diehard Franklin collectors rejoice! (The rest of you can politely yawn and go onto other things ;) )

I look at Tomaska's website every now and then, because he has a great selection of very fine Franklin halves (albeit rather on the expensive side - you have to pay for quality (worship) ). On the homepage, he recently announced that he is currently working on a new edition of the Franklin half guide, this time to include Kennedy's as well. Its currently scheduled for spring 2010.

I couldn't care less about the Kennedy's, but I'm stoked about a new edition of the Franklin guide!

I believe I have the second edition. Hows the First edition?

I don't know. I've never actually seen a copy of the first edition. But I have the second edition and use it regularly. I'm happy the third edition is coming out almost as much because my 2nd ed. is falling apart as for the new info. ;)

I've got the first edition and it is definitely useful. The one problem is that you have to mentally adjust the grading scores due to the gradeflation in the intervening years.

Rick is planning on having color images of Franklins in this book. He's mentioned that he is interested in using at least one of mine (1954-S). I'll believe that when I see it, as he's mentioned that on some other coins of mine (notably the 1938 Cameo Walker) and I've yet to see anything serious about borrowing the coin for imaging purposes.

That would be cool if everyone could submit their best toned Franklin's for high quality pictures and make a section just on Toned Franklins! I would definitely be a buyer. :acclaim: