• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this the new yellow ANACS holder?

9 posts in this topic

James has shared his opinions about the holder and its color. I saw a picture of my first one today.

What do you think?

Personally I prefer the new NGC edge view holder by far ^^

70480.jpg.eb5f408249d1c0cafbcab453f784bb1a.jpg

Not crazy about the color of the label but, I am still considering ANACS for my 7 unslabbed coins in my type set, or maybe ICG. They are not up to PCGS or NGC standards. Or ...a cheaper option...I can order the generic "slabs" from Coin World store. Decisions decisions...

That coin came from a police auction!! With only 14 pieces known, has any attempt been made to trace a pedigree on it? If it was in a police auction it was probably recovered from the arrest of a burglar. The local police may not have had a theft report but chances are that that coin is traceable to someone.

And yes that is the new yellow ANACS slab.

I don't think the new owner would be interested in pedigree with a $300 K xmas gift like that. Chances are the old owner either is dead or did not know what he really had. Too bad so sad. Wow what a fantastic rip at just a $400 bid for the new owner. I know of guys who have set up at shows for decades dreaming of getting a great rip like that. Kudos to the collector for having the smarts to send it to a TPG instead of giving it away to some bozo in the coin club auction.

I don't think the new owner would be interested in pedigree with a $300 K xmas gift like that.

So say it does have a pedigree and was possibly stolen at some time (It was in a police auction after all.). What happens when someone traces the pedigree and the legal owner requests its return?