• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof Australia 1927 Canberra commemorative Florin (2 Shillings)

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I just purchased an 'impaired proof' and I was wondering if I should send it to NCS regardless because as far as I know, I can't send it to NGC first ?

By that I mean, NGC will send it BACK to me not to NCS if they recommend NCS conserve it (or if they won't slab it) so does it make sense to just send to NCS first ? some conservation could be done however there is no toning that I can see, only hairlines and contact marks. It is quite bright but has no depth to the mirrors

An image probably won't help at all so I won't post one

Impaired proof can commonly mean two different things. Most commonly impaired proof is used for a proof coin that has been damaged in some significant irreversible damage like scratches or improper cleaning. A coin like this will most likely not grade with NGC. Impaired proof could also be referring to a proof coin that has circulated. A proof coin that has circulated without irreversible damage would still be eligible for NGC certification.

As in any case where you have doubt that your coin may or may not grade with NGC, I would recommend submitting the coin for NCS Details Grading. If the coin is problem free and would grade with NGC, you will receive the coin back in an NGC certified holder. If the coin does have irreversible surface problems, it will be returned to you in an NCS Details Grade holder.

Chris, NCS

Just wanted to say thanks for the great job NCS did on this

The mirrors are much stronger, coin looks the same all over the fields now, reflective ! with the design in some cameo

$40 well spent