• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does anyone have the 2009 SCWC 2001-present?

3 posts in this topic

If anyone has the 2001-present 2009 addition of Standard Catalog of World Coins, may I ask if these 2 coins are listed? These commemorate the New China-Tibet railway and are housed in a teak box. 10 yuan silver and 100 yuan gold proofs. I was thinking of having them certified and possibly sell them at some point. Would appreciate any information as far as value.

Many thanks.

RI AL

china002.jpg

china001.jpg

I checked and I do not find them listed. It often takes several years before recent coins get listed. I still have at least one 1995 issue which isn't listed yet.

Thanks, Conder.

I'm really curious about these because they were a bit of a fluke of an E-Bay purchase about a year ago (when I was in my "everything Tibet mode"). The set, in a beautiful teak box with official certificates, was offered as having a nickel and a brass coin. Because of the Tibet connection, I bid I won the set for very little $. Turns out that they definitely aren't nickel and brass but according to the official certificates, .999 silver and .999 gold. I have mintage figures for the individual coins ( silver 36,000, gold 16,000) on the certificates but I am trying to find out how many SETS were made. Oh well, maybe in NEXT year's SCWC.

I appreciate your checking for me, Conder.

RI AL