• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turnaround time is fast

4 posts in this topic

I have absolutely no evidence of this, but do not be surprised if this is not the result of decreased submisison volumes. And if it has not happened yet, it will happen soon. It is something I am predicting for 2009 for both NGC and PCGSl. The only thing that I believe would invalidate this forecast is a (probably) substantial price cut and even that might not be enough.

These US circulating (and other) moderns will probably be the first to feel the impact.

Since NGC raised the prices for subscriptions I don't think I'll be re-upping mine in April, and I'm thinking there will be fewer new subs.Don't like the new holder either, but maybe it'll grow on me.

both ngc and pcgs are making changes at same time. in my eyes ngc has made too many at a single time or maybe too little.

ngc:

* membership price explosion

* new not so pretty slab design (the new fatty fat fat slab is nice tho)

pcgs:

*slabs for BBed coins (key key key)

*membership price cut / sale

there are many pros and cons but these are the recent key changes in my eyes.