• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's hear from the grading experts on this FF 48

20 posts in this topic

human torch - how did you know? lol

I agree - I was expecting no less than a 7.5 when I sent this puppy in. I mean come on - white pages too. o well. Do you think I would have any luck cracking it open and re-submitting to cgc?

I agree - I was expecting no less than a 7.5 when I sent this puppy in. I mean come on - white pages too. o well. Do you think I would have any luck cracking it open and re-submitting to cgc?

I would call and see if there are any grader's notes...for something like rusty staples, etc.

No need to pay to reslab it if it's a lost cause.

Looks MUCH nicer than the grade.

:headbang:

I would call and see if there are any grader's notes...for something like rusty staples, etc.

You told me . :insane:

If you're curious, I took your advice and called for the graders notes. Came back with: "stain - top left back cover/ small tear and crease top left back cover / Stain bottom back cover/ top left corner wear/ and crease down along the spine on cover"

These stains they mention I am not able to find. The tear is tiny.

does this now make any more sense to the 6.5 grade? Staples were fine/not mentioned.

Stains will knock a book down hard.

i.e. 9.4 to 8.0 (I know from experience)

You might have to look hard, but they are probably really really faint and really really there.

Still a very sharp looking book for the grade.

^^