• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone own a MS69 2007 Silver Britannia?

8 posts in this topic

Hi y'all,

I thought I'd ask around again - I'm looking for a 2007 MS69 silver britannia S2P and from what I gather, the NGC census is reporting there to be 13 of them graded.

If anyone here on the boards has one, or knows someone who has one, could you please contact me?

Thanks very much!

I believe he has tried a few times but he can't get the 69 grade he wants. The coins always seem to have some excess marks that keep them from being able to make 69.

RareSov,

The poor royal mint packaging from 2007 makes it difficult to locate one in that grade. There are a few graded ones out there, but I haven't been able to locate them. I've bought and sold maybe a dozen raw ones with no luck.

If someone out there has one of the graded ones, I would be a strong buyer for that coin.

Another problem is that many sellers on eBay are using the same photo for all of their auctions. One doesn't even know if the image in question is a coin the sellers actually own, or if it's just a recycled royal mint pic (which many pics are).

Oh my...something just clicked with me !! I purchased a 2007 Britannia directly from the Royal Mint because it's the one with her sitting and the sailing ship in the distance !!

When I got mine from the mint the Obverse looked like it was worn !!..still in the mint packaging, the cheekbones-rim of the crown--jawline, ..all flat and "rubbed" looking...I was ticked off !!!

To make this short, it was not worth the money or hassle to re-ship it overseas and hope that I might get a nicer one in another month +....so I sold it at a loss as bullion on ebay I think....

I did not know that my experience was not unique...and maybe common for 2007 Britannia buyers...a shame too because I really liked the design that year.....

I also just saw the 2009's...wow what a gorgeous coin !!...gonna have to get one !!