• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help A Newb W/ This 1952-Franklin

3 posts in this topic

000_0037.jpg[/img]

000_0038.jpg

Hello everyone. I'm new to the boards and still a bit of a novice in the coin collecting department. I love reading these grade threads as it has definitely helped me be a bit more astute when making a coin purchase. I'm curious to get some opinions on this Franklin; I loved it as soon as I saw it, but am a little unsure of what it would grade. (Sorry if the pics are not too great, I'm an even bigger novice with picture taking).

One of my favorite British comedy actors, Benny Hill, anyways, it looks like you are off to a good start with that Philly minted 1952. Even with the somewhat grainy images, the obverse has a nice strong strike as noted in Ben’s hair. The reverse image is a bit too washed out to give a definite opinion on the strike or bell lines, but if the crack is any indication of the strike (well defined) then it is also well struck.

The toning appears to be natural and is not over powering….from what I can see, it’s a nice Franklin.

Welcome to Sleepy Hollow :acclaim:

Edit: no opinion on grade, crisper images will be required to give this a definite grade point. :(

Welcome BH,

Same answer as above. To get the best picture you need to remove it from the flip. I won't tell you to do that.It's up to you. It looks decent from what I can see.