• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problem with new registry sets

6 posts in this topic

So, I got all excited about finally being able to set up my silver britannia 2 pounders registry set and a new set as well for my Australian Kookaburra. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any of my coins to enter into either new sets.

All of the NGC graded coins gave me messages like this:

PROCESSED COINS

These coins have been processed, and the results are explained on the right.

Slot Cert # Registered Coin in Slot Message

1998 ---- No No Certification database currently unreachable.

This Coin is already in the admin queue.

And as for the few PCGS coins I wanted to use, the registry wanted more info on the coins, in addition to the serial number: the grade and the coin description. Fine, except that some of the coins didn't have anything for me to select under "coin" (description).

So, in the end, I've got two new, empty registry sets. What's up with that? The whole thing was S. L. O. W. as molasses, I might add.

Its always down at certain times

Try to add them and they get put in the admin queue and get auto added. Well, mine did anyway.. not in these but in modern commems.

And as for the few PCGS coins I wanted to use, the registry wanted more info on the coins, in addition to the serial number: the grade and the coin description. Fine, except that some of the coins didn't have anything for me to select under "coin" (description).

Okay, I tried again today and got everything up there, except for a 2008 PCGS MS-69 britannia. When the software wanted me to select the con description from the pull-down menu (since it was a PCGS coin), the only option was 'SELECT', and I couldn't add the last coin.

• Administrator

Sounds like one of the servers was unavailable when you first tried. The fact that the coin info drop downs were blank sounds like a data error that needs to be looked at. We'll check it out.

Thanks - the drop down was only blank for the 2008 PCGS britannia I was trying to add (i.e., it only listed 'SELECT'), while the drop down was incorrect for the 2006 PCGS britannia (i.e., it showed a 2001 coin instead of the 2006 coin).

I've been having the same problems with a US type set and a gold set; I've tried entering a PCGS-certified 1943s steel penny and again just now entering an 1898s double eagle. In both cases I'd get stuck on "SELECT" with no option, unable to go forward until I "picked a coin."