• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Story Coins.

10 posts in this topic

I don't know why I like these sets but I bought a "Silver Standard" set awhile back and the coins were ok. These I thought didn't look too bad. I can tell they've been dipped but other than that, what do you think. The set pic was the sellers pic. The separate coin pics are mine. Bought the set for $38.50

thesilverstory.jpg

SilverStoryMorgandollar.jpg

SilverStoryPeacedollar.jpg

At $38 bucks you did OK..what is that other thing I see there, next to the Peace Dollar?

Is that a 1957 series Silver Cert?

I don't think those were dipped, me thinks that's original mint bloom.

I think you did great, and yes, this "story set" is interesting, especially to non or novice collectors.

I'd grade the 1921 Morgan dollar MS-63, and I'd grade the Peace dollar only an MS-61 because it is so dull.

I would grade the Peace dollar MS63 because that is what 90% of them looked like before they were dipped.

I'm not sure that that "look" on the Peace dollar will dip out very well ... It could be just as dull after the dipping ...

But I've been known to be wrong. hm

The coins actually look like they've been dipped already to me. What really surprised me tho' was the Morgan & peace that I received in my "Silver Standard" set were basically EF coins. I'm surprised that these coins are MS. Most people would have swapped them out for a lower grade coin.