• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know I could "Ask NGC", but...............

7 posts in this topic

I don't feel like waiting several days for a reply. I thought someone might know.

I have some CC Morgan GSA's already graded by NGC in the original Mint holders. If I wanted NGC to reholder them in a regular slab, would they note the GSA provenance on the insert? Also, if I requested it, would NGC return the original holder to me?

Thanks!

Chris

Yes on the reslab with GSA label

Original holder will probably break on coin removal - I guess they would send the pieces back if requested.

KEEP IN MIND they have the authority to degrade the coin when removed from the holder if they feel it is not to their current standard of grading.

I'm aware of the potential for a possible downgrade. I'm not really planning on resubmitting, but I was curious.

Thanks, Mike!

Chris

No you would not get the pieces of the holder back.

This, too, piqued my curiosity. Someone mentioned that one of the tv coin shows had a huge number of 83 & 84 CC's for sale. This, in turn, made me think about the possibility that some eBay seller might buy a huge cache of GSA CC Morgans, submit them to a TPGS for grading, get the Mint cases back, put 1921's in the cases and then sell those as Mint errors.

Excuse me, but I don't have anything better to do with my time today except think up crazy scenarios like this.

Chris