• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1955 Mint Set OGP - Follow up and Question ...

5 posts in this topic

Concerning this set - I added the pictures of the halves which you may have missed ...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2750138#Post2750138

In hand I have my renewal freebies coupon -

Do you think the Dime / Quarters and Halves warrant grading and entombment ???

Believe it or not this is the FIRST Mint set I bought and so ... I do not think I would be able to tell a high grader from a dog ... a dog with a star woo hooo :) and thats a maybe as of late with NGC grading ...

Your thoughts

69809.jpg.313c7ae2846691dfcc0974ebaeef1eeb.jpg

69810.jpg.a23b41b2c68923fbac5c960c1f371e9f.jpg

I would suggest that you pass on certification for these coins for at least three reasons. The first is that while the coins are nice for the issue, they are not all that nice when compared to other issues. Additionally, you wrote about this purchase on November 18, but on November 28 you already had the set listed on the NGC and PCGS BST boards for sale or trade, which indicates to me that you do not want to keep them and any certification will only serve to complicate a sale. Lastly, your BST posts indicate that you are willing to accept trades so that you can pursue your main interests.

My advice would be to simply and quickly sell the set in order to funnel the money toward your collecting goals.

My advice would be to simply and quickly sell the set in order to funnel the money toward your collecting goals.

As usual your advice is probably spot on ... Thanks