• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Guidelines

15 posts in this topic

One day last week when I entered the NGC Chat Boards, it opened to a page outlining the rules, disclaimers, etc. for participation on these boards. Did anyone else have this happen? Or, were the moderators trying to politely suggest that I might want to read the guidelines more carefully?

Okay, so I read them carefully even though I'll have to admit that I get bored very quickly whenever I read anything that vaguely resembles a contract containing all sorts of legal clauses, "parties of the first part", "parties of the second part", disclaimers, etc.

However, there was one item that caught my attention. It refers to the use of certain characters in order to "get around" the use of improper, obscene, vulgar or abusive language that would normally be "bleeped". For example, using the @ or $ in place of certain letters so that a vulgar (implied) word will post.

Yes, I have been guilty of this in the past. So, please accept my apology. I will refrain from doing this in the future.

Chri$

I guess it was intended for me after all, but I'm not hurt by it. I have to give NGC & the mods a lot of credit. It is very rare that they impose their authority over our topics of discussion.

Chris

it is better to be given a little thoughtful hint then just to be banned

ngc i think cares about the collectors on the forums and wants to make every effort to give a second chance by trying to gently advise what is proper and not proper on the public forums

• Administrator

Hey Chris,

Not sure why you saw that page but it wasn't our doing. Though it makes me think that might be a good feature for us mods to have hm

Hey Chris,

Not sure why you saw that page but it wasn't our doing. Though it makes me think that might be a good feature for us mods to have hm

I agree! It's not a bad way to "gently" remind some of us about our protocol.

Chris

it is better to be given a little thoughtful hint then just to be banned

ngc i think cares about the collectors on the forums and wants to make every effort to give a second chance by trying to gently advise what is proper and not proper on the public forums

Amen! (thumbs u

Chris