• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comment and a Question

3 posts in this topic

I collect 2 different Canadian series, primarily though I collect the dimes ( with the Bluenose Schooner)...anyhow, when I buy coins for my 1937-1952 set or 1953-1967 PL sets I noticed ICCS has 3 different classes for cameo...

Light Cameo --(usually won't cameo at NGC)

Heavy Cameo-( mostly cameo with occasional ultra by NGC)

Ultra Heavy Cameo-( these mostly get Ultra Cameo with a few still getting cameo at NGC)...

I thought those of you who didn't already know this would find it interesting or useful....

and a question...

Does ICCS use the 70 point Sheldon scale for their grading?...I know of one Canadian dealer who has several NGC PF70's that were lower grades at ICCS..anyone know what grading max they have would be helpful...thanks in advance, Jackson

and a question...

Does ICCS use the 70 point Sheldon scale for their grading?...I know of one Canadian dealer who has several NGC PF70's that were lower grades at ICCS..anyone know what grading max they have would be helpful...thanks in advance, Jackson

ICCS does use the 70-point scale. However, ICCS provides a technical grade while NCG uses market grading. ICCS would deduct points for a slight flaw in the flow of metal whereas NGC may not do so because the market grade says that this is natural and not a flaw in the strike.

You can search these boards for a description of the difference between technical and market grading for a better explanation because I could not do it the justice others would--especially since it is a controversial topic and I have strong opinions.

Scott :hi: