• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool looking Jefferson Nickel Die Break!!

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone :hi:

Well.....this was one of those impulse bids :flamed: that I really didn't think I was going to win. I won it for $25.01

The only reason I bid is because (1) it is a Jefferson (2) I thought it looked cool (3) it my birth-year coin. :D

Can any one tell me what the JNC-83P-12B (shrug) .....I have never seen this on a slab before.

I only need a 1983 dime to complete the 1983 Error Set.

I have a Lincoln that is struck thru grease and a kennedy that is off center.

CudA.jpg

CubB.jpg

CudAA.jpg

Sam Thurman and Arnold Margolis published the 1997 edition of The Cud Book and then in 2001, The Cud Book Supplement. In these guide books, numerical references are applied to each discovered cud on US Minted coinage.

In your case, the JNC stands for Jefferson Nickel Cud, 83P (year minted and mint mark) along with a CONECA designation, 12B. If I’m not mistaken, the 12 would also reference the 12 O’clock position.

This is how I see it and understand the theory, perhaps someone with absolute knowledge will give you and I a definitive answer.

Cool find by the way…

I hate it when I do that.

If a word starts with c-o-, then, out of habit, I frequently type c-o-i-n; even if the word is cool :cool:

Coin looking Jefferson Nickel Die Break!!

It is a very cool coin, and thanks WJ for the extra info!

Sam Thurman and Arnold Margolis published the 1997 edition of The Cud Book and then in 2001, The Cud Book Supplement. In these guide books, numerical references are applied to each discovered cud on US Minted coinage.

In your case, the JNC stands for Jefferson Nickel Cud, 83P (year minted and mint mark) along with a CONECA designation, 12B. If I’m not mistaken, the 12 would also reference the 12 O’clock position.

This is how I see it and understand the theory, perhaps someone with absolute knowledge will give you and I a definitive answer.

Cool find by the way…

Thank you for the info....It was what I was thinking but I wanted to know more info on it.

Thanks Schatzy

I hate it when I do that.

If a word starts with c-o-, then, out of habit, I frequently type c-o-i-n; even if the word is cool :cool:

Coin looking Jefferson Nickel Die Break!!

I don't know what you are talking about!! lol lol lol lol