• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCS before and after

9 posts in this topic

Any opinions on this conservation by NCS? I posted this coin on an earlier post as it got bodybagged at NCS after conservation (would not cross to NGC). I felt it was gradeable prior to conservation and now wouldn't/didn't due to removing the toning revealed IMO a prior cleaning. Cartwheel luster is not present but does have some luster. Any opinions? I will post several other interesting coins which graded and alternatively did not grade at NGC.

Before Conservation:

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

After NCS Conservation: Will this grade with PCGS or with NGC resubmission?

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

I think it looked lightly cleaned before the conservation, and badly cleaned afterward. I seriously doubt it would grade anywhere than ANACS. But it could get into an NCS holder with a detail grade, or after December 1st into a PCGS genuine slab .

I guess I am nuts but I think the coin looks better know. The faked stuff has been removed.

The coin will still BB! If the coin was cleaned before you sent the coin to NCS it is still cleaned after NCS sent the coin back! NCS can't remove hairlines etc. from an old cleaning. Once a coin is cleaned it is forever cleaned!!!

Tom B, I had acetone on my hands and had throughly washed them before. I never touch the face of the coin ever with my hands. I did this because I couldn't prop it properly for the light to get a good photo. I liked the coin before more the conservation as to me the cleaning wasn't as obvious. I am not that worried as it is still an attractive coin, and I will upgrade at some point. The red highlights look nice after conservation to me.