• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just spent $20,000!!!!

7 posts in this topic

wait a second, this was not on a coin, just debt and bills which I have no more of.... wait.... my wife wants to go shopping....

But seriously, it feels good and I'm hoping to make a trip to a coin store or show soon to celebrate.

-Dave

PS. I'll be back after shopping...*sigh*

Thanks for responding guys.

This time around, I didn't sell any of my collection. Between savings and a partial distribution from my parents estate, I figured the best use for the money would be to be free and clear of any debt. I paid off those credit cards (cough, cough... mostly my wife's credit cards), paid the mountain of bills that have been building up the past few months.

It feels good because ever since I bought my house, put a new roof on it, replaced the windows, refinished the living room....etc.... I've been broke smile.gif

Hopefully in the coming weeks and months, coin collecting is going to become much more enjoyable smile.gif

-Dave

Commendable, Dave!

I know what you mean, though. I'm also responsible, although it still hurts to pay ahead on property, etc. with all of those good coins out there just waiting to be acquired. I find that more and more of my disposable income goes into collecting than in other more important areas.

I figured the best use for the money would be to be free and clear of any debt.

Amen. Unless the debt is so cheap you can invest the money elsewhere and be certain (the operative word being certain) of a higher return than the debt service, getting rid of debt is the best thing to do with disposable income. Congratulations!

Beijim