• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PL and DMPL- NGC or PCGS

3 posts in this topic

It seems I read somewhere that PCGS is a bit more lenient in assigning a PL or DMPL designation. I have also noticed a lot more PCGS morgans with these designations over NGC. Who would be the best to submit to in hopes of getting these grades. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

To be quite honest in my reply... are you looking for leniency, or accuracy? What I have found is quite the opposite what you read about. In my experiences PCGS has been tougher on PL and DMPL Morgan's. For me I just go by the coin.

Now here is what I've noticed at a lot of shows recently. And this is from a couple dealers that just deal in DMPL Morgan's. They really don't want to touch anything that is not graded by PCGS, as they say they have a hard time selling them in other grading services holders. I don't agree with this, the way the market is these days, and actually it's a joke, but this is what I've been seeing for quite some time now.

BTW, I am not biased either way and don't play the plastic game. I just buy what I like. I don't know if I helped any, but gave it a shot from what I've been seeing.

I think if you're looking for the most leniency on the PL and DMPL coins, go with ANACS wink.gif They seem to miss that designation more than anyone else.

I'm not sure if one service is more lenient than another (pcgs and ngc) with dmpl's, and I've never had a problem selling them because of the holder.