• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stella

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone signed up with Stella yet on DLRC's website? For those of you that do not know what this is, it is the FREE online access to Randy Wiley and Bill Bugart's book "The Complete Guide to the Liberty Seated Half Dollar". This book is super hard to get(one is for sale currently for $250 across the street on the BST) and has sold for $600 to $700 in the last year. Had I not already spent over $500 in the last two months on books I would have jumped on it.

The reason I ask about signing up is that I signed up two days ago and have not received my password yet and wondered how long it took. They are probably swamped-so no great issue, just curious.

Thanks

Jim

Who is Stella? I didn't see anything about the book either.

I've been registered with DLRC for 3 years, and to the best of my recollection, the confirmation only takes a minute or two.

Chris

Yes, Chris, they are requiring you to login for access to the book. They have it set up for browsing currently, but I understand that it will end next month. It is free so just a login is required.

Jim

Stella is the name of their blog hosting company, I think.

The blog is hosted at Wordpress.

Stella is the name of a $4 pattern coin struck in 1879-80 in an attempt to create a coin to be used in international trade that was similar to coins of similar value.

The Stella was struck in an alloy called golloid that contains gold (about 85%), silver, and copper. The copper content gives the coin a distinctive and pleasing dark yellow color.

The Stella was never accepted and never issued for circulation.

Just a sec... here... I found this article about the Stella that may help.

Scott :hi:

Stella is the name of their blog hosting company, I think.

The blog is hosted at Wordpress.

Stella is the name of a $4 pattern coin struck in 1879-80 in an attempt to create a coin to be used in international trade that was similar to coins of similar value.

The Stella was struck in an alloy called golloid that contains gold (about 85%), silver, and copper. The copper content gives the coin a distinctive and pleasing dark yellow color.

The Stella was never accepted and never issued for circulation.

Just a sec... here... I found this article about the Stella that may help.

Scott :hi:

They call thier blog site, Stella. I'm sure we are all aware of the coin by that name! ;)

Just Bob.

Many thanks for the link to "Stella". I got right in and will look forward to checking out Seated Half varieties.

If anyone out there is from DLRC, thanks also!!

RI AL

I guess a real thanks should go out to Randy and Bill for allowing their book to be published online for free-they could have just as easily reprinted more and sold them to us. But thanks to all involved in Stella, also.

I hope you finally send me my password before you stop the prebrowse of the book.

Jim