• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 10th platinum

good buy  

48 members have voted

1. 1. good buy

13 posts in this topic

I just bought one from the mint, "W" Unc 1oz. and it was for 1069.99$ I got it because of the unbelievable low mintage number. I believe the total for this coin is less than 500 made thus far. Let's hope that holds out!

So buy a second one and do some dollar cost averaging. :)

Conder101,

I actually thought about that, but even with cost averaging, I am still "out" another $1250. In the end, is the extra $350 ($1950 + $1250 = $3200/2 = $1600....$1950 - $1600 = $350) worth the upfront cost now? Still not sure....I can buy a "few" more coins for the $1250 and hold my breath that they still don't sell so well and mintages are low.

Regards

Considering it. They are hardly any cheaper though. At the time the 1945 USD I paid was 2200 or so. 1250 at the current rates is nearly 2000 AUD

I saw someone on ebay quoting 16000 were sold in the first round ! if this is true then the mintage should sell out.

Sucks most for those who bought at 2645..

Buying things made of precious metal puts you at risk of changes due t a volitile market. You are taking a risk and sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't.

Ah I was gonna buy another

They might be sold out ! Apparently 16,000 sets sold in the first round (back before they got pulled the first time)

I'd say minimum of 20k sets if not the entire 30k

Platinum is 3-4 times scarcer than gold but does not have the monetary history, beauty and industrial applications that gold does. Now that platinum is being de-emphasized for Catalytic Converters, I expect the price to stay soft. Jewelry demand alone will not keep it high.