• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New coin that I have always had an eye for.

20 posts in this topic

Yep I know I have been away. Things get busy sometimes. Anyhow Finally picked up one I have had an eye on for some time. Not the exact coin, but the type. Anyhow have a look and discuss. Any comments welcome. Sorry for the crappy images, but the slab eats the coin up sorta speak.

By the way... Can someone say Late Die State?

37fc.jpg

37fco.jpg

37fcr.jpg

Dang, that is nice! I once owned an ANACS AU-55 which was the best struck I had ever seen.

Now you need the three cent version!

Actually there are several three cent versions. The most common one has the New York State seal on it. The one with the eagle is very rare and expensive. I sold one years ago for more than $3,000, which was a lot of money for a token back then. With slabbing and the like the prices are probably much higher now.

She's an EYEPOPPER!! Somewhere I have a book that lists all the varieties of the Feuchtwanger cents (I hope I spelled that right). If I can find it, would it be helpful to know what variety it is?

RI AL

She's an EYEPOPPER!! Somewhere I have a book that lists all the varieties of the Feuchtwanger cents (I hope I spelled that right). If I can find it, would it be helpful to know what variety it is?

RI AL

Variety is HT-268 6G One of the common Varieties.

Dang, that is nice! I once owned an ANACS AU-55 which was the best struck I had ever seen.

Now you need the three cent version!

How does the strike compare to this one? Did the strike on this one blow it away?

When I look at the obverse I think its a Mexican coin. I guess b/c they have a similar picture of an eagle grabbing a snake on their country's flag?

Yes they do. Fun looking coins.

I really adore these and I have a raw VF/EF. Yours appears to have very nice surfaces and makes me think it to be at least a Ch AU if not MS.

I really adore these and I have a raw VF/EF. Yours appears to have very nice surfaces and makes me think it to be at least a Ch AU if not MS.

ANACS agrees with you. :) Old day net holder.. They docked it for the obverse scratch. I say BS, but whatever. UNC Details Net AU 55. Lots of luster left. :)

Bruceswar.

For the Feuchtwanger cent obverse 6 was pretty easy to determine. According to my Rulau book, obverse 6 is paired with either reverse G or I. G certainly is the closest match, the berry to the right of the bow is the giveaway, and the berry attached at the T being attached to the base of a leaf. I got lost somewhere as the MPO don't seem to be widely spaced. I guess I'm looking too hard again, but 6G was my final determination a well. Like you said, this is a common variety with a Rarity of 1.

You have a really nice example there!!!! I understand a 6A has been found with a rarity of 9, unknown by Low or Rulau. http/HT261HT280.html

ri al