• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How good are you at attributing early copper?

16 posts in this topic

Can you do it for this one?

(there is not trick answer to this....I have NO idea of the date or anything else on it...yes, I see the verdigris and will acetone the coin. Coin was pretty cheap anyway so it doesn't matter)

earlylargecentcopyzv1.jpg

I'll start by guessing the date is 1798.

(At least it was lol ! )

I'll take it a step further by guessing it started out life as a Large Cent. ;)

I wish I could help as much as these two did but I'll just have to add that it's copper. Sorry! Couldn't help myself. I know nothing else.

I'll start by guessing the date is 1798.

(At least it was lol ! )

I'll take it a step further by guessing it started out life as a Large Cent. ;)

I wish I could help as much as these two did but I'll just have to add that it's copper. Sorry! Couldn't help myself. I know nothing else.

Ah....I see the Feldster has himself an apprentice

;)

In a much earlier life, she looked something like the scans. Of course, I doubt that she ever saw the insides of a scratchy PCGS slab. Obviously someone took out his/her frustrations on the poor girl (especially where the date was) and then it appears that she got a good bath in some sort of copper cleaner. However, I should look as good when I'm her age....1796-1807.

:P RI AL

drapedcento-1-1-1.jpg

drapedcentr-1.jpg

Gee..grinz...maybe it would rate a body bag with a CAC sticker??? :roflmao:

I just noticed...this is my 1001th post. Do I win a prize?

RI AL

Gee..grinz...maybe it would rate a body bag with a CAC sticker??? :roflmao:

I just noticed...this is my 1001th post. Do I win a prize?

RI AL

Nope time to do a give away like that coin you just posted ;)

I'm not THAT good. :D

Heh....better to admit that than to BS and be found out....least, that's how I think.

I honestly figured this to be mission impossible when I bought it. I think it cost me $10 or so and I just didn't care at that price. At worst, it is a pocket piece and discussion piece. :)

Here is the one in my 7070 album. I paid about the same price for mine. In person you can see that the last number in the year is a 7 so I can at least narrow it down to a 1797 or a 1807. lol I really need to upgrade this spot in my album but I would still buy a few more of these in the $10 range if I found them. :cloud9:

IMG_0094a.jpg

IMG_0095a.jpg