• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forget about the turkey! what is your within reason christmas coin wish??

21 posts in this topic

Reason!?!? We don't need no stinking reason!!! insane.gif

I got the "Treasure Of The Sierra Madre" DVD this past week and watched the film for the first time all the way through. It's good to finally stop surfing the left edge of the bell curve, catch up to the 21st century, and see where Cheech & Chong (not to mention TomB) got some of their best material.

sign-offtopic.gifsorry.gif

Beijim

I'd love to acquire another gold type coin, which is getting pretty hard for me since I am way beyond the 12 piece gold type set. Failing that I'd like to upgrade my $3 gold piece. I'm still kicking myself for not buying one that I should have purchased last spring. Well at least I don't mess up that often.

After buying Xmas presents I may be able to get that dime that Danny DeVito had in 'One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.'

??? My memory is hazy, which dime?

In the movie they were playing poker with cigarettes as substitutes for dimes to get around the gambling rule. Like poker chips. Danny DeVito kept trying to shove a half cigarette into the pot and saying 'dime.' It drove Jack Nicholson nuts.

In the movie they were playing poker with cigarettes as substitutes for dimes to get around the gambling rule. Like poker chips. Danny DeVito kept trying to shove a half cigarette into the pot and saying 'dime.' It drove Jack Nicholson nuts.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Oh, I get it.... grin.gif

Here's my X-Mas present to myself

62096702.jpg

What do y'all think? Any guesses as to grade?

Michael

Pr 66 Cameo?

Me gusto mucho.

My guess is PR-65 cam

Nice job, that's exactly it! I haven't bought it yet, but I'm pretty sure that I will. I don't know Barbers and I'm wondering if I should keep looking or is this a keeper. It's priced accurately from my research so that isn't a factor. I just don't want to pass on a real pretty coin, thinking there's nicer and not find it.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I felt the grade was PR-65 cam due to what appear to be a number of small ticks and a light scratch on Miss Liberty’s cheek. I also agree with Victor that the obverse is the limiting factor keeping it from being DCAM. Grade wise I think it is solid, but honestly, I don’t like the way it is toned. The tone appears to be sitting on top of the coins surface and looks ‘dirty’ to me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Of course this is all just from a photo, so I may be wrong about it’s eye appeal. confused-smiley-013.gif

John

I like the look of the coin, however, it seems that the toning between UNITED and 1898 might have a partial fingerprint in it. This bothers many people, and sometimes bothers me, too, so you may want to look closely at this area when you get it.

Hi Michael,

. The tone appears to be sitting on top of the coins surface and looks ‘dirty’ to me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Of course this is all just from a photo, so I may be wrong about it’s eye appeal. confused-smiley-013.gif

John

Michael,

I like the coin. Perhaps, this is a coin that would benefit from NCS to remove the haziness from the surface. If the price is right, I'd go for it!