• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Local coin dealer killed in robbery.

11 posts in this topic

The owner of the nearest coin shop in my area was shot and killed in an apparent robbery today. I'd planned on stopping at his shop but was sick and went to the doctor instead. I've known him several years and he's always been honest, fair, and generous with his time. Just sad and shocking news.

News Story

BC

Condolences to the St. George coin community. I remember when St. George had 10,000 people and it was a sleepy pit stop on the way from Cedar City to Las Vegas. Now, it's a big time town with population of 100,000, and it seems to have lost it's innocence. frown.gif

TRUTH

I've known TWO dealers who were involved with this kind of thing with the same results in the 11 years or so since I got back into collecting. I don't imagine this is particularly rare occurance, unfortunately....sad day. frown.gif

jom