• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Birth Year Half Dollar - Mine - 1960 Benny

12 posts in this topic

This has to be a coin you own and is currently in your collection. Can be either Proof or Mint State ... Can be Raw or Slabbed ... Tell the story if it has one ...

Mine I found as RAW in a proof set - I had it graded and put into a Multi holder with both Pennies ...

The coin is kinda unique as has a striking cameo on the obverse - on the reverse the the little eagle is highlighted in FULL cameo frost and the rest is partial cameo holding it back from a cameo designation :( - a real sight to see in hand - NGC PF68* - Picture was taken PRE coffin.

68575.jpg.b16aaf6377adc7b3c63b09c4d538eb7e.jpg

68576.jpg.297e911c508fe932ff1b6aaf0a64e5a5.jpg

Because I was born smack dab in the middle of the SMS years, I have found a love for them. When I discovered my first 66 DDO I was so enamored that I have since collected about 20 of them. Only one of them is the "real deal". Here's a pic, she's been recently entombed.

66ddo.jpg

Great Thread!

I haven't pulled this mint set out in years. Its birthday present that my great grandfather gave me when I was about 7 years old. My great grandfather got me started collecting coins when I was about five so this particular set is very dear to me.

1979 Kennedys (Yes I know that I am just a youngin lol )

IMG_0055.jpg

Because I was born smack dab in the middle of the SMS years, I have found a love for them. When I discovered my first 66 DDO I was so enamored that I have since collected about 20 of them. Only one of them is the "real deal". Here's a pic, she's been recently entombed.

Is that the double PROFILE DDO ???

Got some *spoon* going on with that "S" huh Bill ...

Nice details though - I like em

What's the *spoon* with the 1949-S? All I know is that I paid WAY too much for it 25 years ago because that used to be the key date among the Franklins. Time was when coins were raw one paid as much as $450 in "MS-65." :o That one is an MS-64 near miss.

The 1949-P is a slider. I bought that one for bullion back in the day and never bothered to up grade it. I bought the 1949-D at the 1982 ANA convention of all places.