• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold, Silver, U.S., Foreign, Cents to ??????

7 posts in this topic

As the U.S. COINS description states "...with a primary focus on sharing knowledge...", I feel it my duty to inform the general populace of this forum, of a web site I think each and every collector here WILL find very interesting (and maybe a little expensive)!!! So put on your bibs (for drooling) and enjoy!

http://seizedpropertyauctions.com/neo/neo.exe/eventlist

click on "CLICK TO ENTER AUCTION"---Choose "COINS" or you can browse.

I will, of course, expect a 5% pittance of a finders fee from all who bid and win here. smile.gif

David

P.S. Gotta leave item 1553 to ME! Please?

Thanks, Robert. Now lets here from the rest of you that plan on "utilizing" this site! Not looking for kudos, just what you think of it.

David

The servers appear to be glacially slow, and it's not clear any of this stuff is worth bidding on sight unseen, other than previous metals for which you can at least calculate a bullion value.

Beijim

Beijim, you are right about their servers---tried to get in a half hour ago. Couldn't get the "coins" list to pop up. They have the word about this site across the street and seem to be of the opinion that it is a spammy site and won't use it. IMHO, if you get a good deal on a coin (or anything else they have you want), what difference you get spam? Thats why you have spam controls.

Seems that they are dismissing it out-of-hand and for trivial reasons but that is beneficial to those of us here that are a little more open-minded.

Really hope someone picks up something they need/want here. I know I'll be going for one or two items.

David

I finally got in and registered for the auction starting Sunday. Only $3.99 and can pay through PayPal. It might just be my imagination, but it seems it was a whole lot easier to sign in there and view items BEFORE I posted this site! Wonder if there is a connection 893scratchchin-thumb.gif?

When I first got this site, I saw the listings from a previous auction with lots of coins and the high bids for them. Comparing high bids and book value, I would say almost all the coins sold ran at about 50% of "book" and there were less then 10 people bidding per item. Since I have let the cat out of the bag, I expect to see this number increase, depending on the coin being bid on.

David

I should clarify that my hesitation to purchase raw coins given only a photograph and one-liner from someone I don't know stems primarily from my relative inexperience in purchasing raw coins sight unseen. I've gotten screwed a few times by people who, out of either ignorance or moral turpitude, described a listing as one thing and shipped another. The photos really don't allow me, at my skill level, to determine an accurate grade or detect problems reliably. That having been said, if I had a track record with the seller, I'd be less timid. shy.gif

Regards,

Beijim