• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Westford/Chelmsford Coin Show Report

2 posts in this topic

I don't know where to post this any longer! Here, or the U.S. Coin Forum. Decisions, decisions.........:)

I usually do one of these reports the night after the show, but I figured I'd let this one soak in overnight, and do it the next day.

The show has expanded to 80+ tables (81 yesterday) and was quite busy (at least I know I was busy) most of the day that I was there (I had to leave at 1 pm). Everyone I spoke with was happy, and there wasn't any grumbling going around, so I would think that most who attended would agree with me.

I set up a table, and did quite a but of business early on with dealers. In the three shows that I've set up at, 2 three day shows, and yesterday's one day show, I've ALWAYS done much more wholesale business than retail.

I don't imagine this trend would be different, and is the reason that many dealers pack up early at shows.

Anyhow.....I set up mainly to run around and buy some coins. I did that. Nothing completely outstanding, but some neat pieces. I did regretfully pass on a really nice half cent, that I KNOW I should have purchased, but I didn't. It was a nice coin, expensive, but very nice. Of course, it was gone an hour later when I was going to go back and take a second peak. Oh well.

There was quite a buzz going on for Baltimore. Everyone seems to be anticipating a successful week down there.

I was fortunate enough to touch base with a few board members, that's always entertaining and educational. It's great to get different opinions on different coins. Unbiased opinions.

I'll be doing it again. I look at it as a mini-vacation where I actually have the oppurtunity to make some money.

I had a good show.