• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Couple Toned Peace Dollars I Purchased At The Santa Clara Show

5 posts in this topic

Thought I'd share these with you folks. Attractive toned Peace dollars are tough. These are decent album toned. The only bag toned one I've seen with a true crescent, and with the exception of the "Binion hoard" (and that was an image) I believe TomB posted it on the other board. Feel free to post your toned Peace$ as well.

320380-1924%20Peace%20Dollar%20PCGS%20medium.jpg

320380-24%20Peace%20Dollar%20Target%20small.jpg

589a8b7028c5b_320380-24PeaceDollarTargetsmall.jpg.b7a6c5c3cff01c273731f380b8a3d95a.jpg

You showed me these coins at Mike Defalco's table. I thought the toning was incredible. To see this cool toning on Peace $1's is very, very rare.

TRUTH

The neatest coins around are coins like yours, Peace dollars with delightful, original, colorful toning. Thank goodness more and more Collectors don't chase after them (like they do Morgans) or the very limited supply would quickly dry up and prices escalate to levels making them prohibitive.