• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing Fingerprints?

12 posts in this topic

OK - this is kind of freaking me out. I bought a PCI MS64Red 1902 Indian Cent and it had a broad fingerprint on the front. Well, a year in my safe deposit box with other coins and comics and the fingerprint is gone??????

Here is the scan (am including reverse just for fun) and absolutely no trace of fingerprint. Any ideas?

1902.jpg

Note - the fingerprint covered the right obverse. There is some weird "squggly color" on the scan but I think that is just because it is a scan. Coin is now dead on and very red with no "squggling" even under my 20/40X stereo microscope. I just want to know why the fingerprint would go bye-bye!?

Oh - just in case - scan was done on an HP 3500c at 600DPI and "no" sharpness. Other than that the scan is unaltered Microsoft Photo Edtor.

Well, a year in my safe deposit box with other coins and comics and the fingerprint is gone?

Maybe vapours from your naptha soaked comics cleaned it? tongue.gifgrin.gif

Well, a year in my safe deposit box with other coins and comics and the fingerprint is gone?

Maybe vapours from your naptha soaked comics cleaned it? tongue.gifgrin.gif

Thats a good one Arty! But Naptha evaporates 100%. Man - if it WAS Naptha I would buy all the high grade fingerprint coins at a bargain and then Naptha That Bad Print OUT of There!

A coinee in our midst? 893whatthe.gif You will be excommunicated!! insane.gif

What will become of me? confused.gifinsane.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif..You must be reported... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

blush.gifcrazy.gif893whatthe.gif

POV how could you 893naughty-thumb.gif

At the very least you should post these things under a shill account.

A coinee in our midst? 893whatthe.gif You will be excommunicated!! insane.gif

What will become of me? confused.gifinsane.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif..You must be reported... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

blush.gifcrazy.gif893whatthe.gif

POV how could you 893naughty-thumb.gif

At the very least you should post these things under a shill account.

sorry.giffrown.gif