• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1923 Peace Dollar

10 posts in this topic

A 1923 Peace Dollar is very common (high mintage) and unless it would grade a MS-65 wouldn't be economical to do so. I see some hairlines on the portrait and it looks like it might have been cleaned in the past.

Regards,

Dean

Hey Gary, I agree with Dean. Most of the time, unless a common date Peace or Morgan Dollar has been identified as a rare Vam variety, it doesn't make sense financially to have it third party certified. I personally don't do very well attributing varieties with pics...but if you know of anyone that specializes in the Peace series, they may be able to help you.

Shawn

I agree with Dean as well. Maybe if it was a scarcer date/mintmark, it would be worth considering, but it looks like a decent 1923 to me. Save the money for the slab...use it toward another nice coin.

I agree with the others - definitely not worth slabbing. In fact, I don't think even MS-65 is worth slabbing on these. There has to be many thousands of rolls of high grade coins still in existence.