• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A nice deed and one of the flock comes home....Thanks CB2597

18 posts in this topic

I won't use this post to rehash a painful part of my life but lets just say due to things outside of my control......I sold off my entire collection a few years ago. I am not the first and I will not be the last. Those that have let go of treasured items know how difficult it can be and in quite a few cases.....you know they are gone for ever. Well this is a story about a coin lost and a coin found thanks to the generosity of a forum member.

Over the past few years I have not run across any of the coins I sold which in some ways might not necessarily be a bad thing becuase it can be salt in thew wound so to speak. About a month ago this changed and I ran across one of my old coins on Teletrade. I did not have the funds at the time to purchase the coin but I confided in a forum member that I used to own the coin and that I was sad that I did not have the funds to make a run at purchasing. After seeing the auction close for a price I would gladly have paid I just chalked it up to fate that I didn't still have the coin....maybe it was meant for someone else :sorry:

Fast forward to yesterday.....I received a package in the mail from this same forum member and he had told me he included a suprise with some coins he wanted me to image. As I opened the package, there was one coin wrapped separately.....of course being the patient man I am .....I ripped that sucker open first :devil: Low and behold...there was this precious little Gem that I had seen on Teletrade starring back at me :o That's right.....Joe CB2597....had a friend purchase the coin for him and then he held onto it waiting for the right time to trade it back to me. :applause:

I am extremely grateful and moved that he would care enough to pull off this sneaky little endeavor and I couldn't be happier to have this coin back where it belongs :headbang: Thanks Joe (worship)

Not that the coin matters but I know you all would feel this thread is worthless without pics so here goes....

new089-1.jpg

new096.jpg

new097-1.jpg

new018.jpg

new020.jpg

WOW! The coin is very beautiful! :applause:

That's a very cool story, and I'm not surprised at all. I've met many great people on these boards that have been great to talk with and have made some long distance friends. Usually most coin collectors are a special breed, such as myself and would go the extra mile to help one another out. That's one of the joys of collecting and the environment on these boards. :cloud9:

This hobby is filled with some of the nicest, most generous folks I've encountered in a hobby.

Stories such as this makes us all proud of the forum members here. (thumbs u

A very nice coin and an even nicer gesture. Congratulations to both of you. (thumbs u

Double ditto! Nice going to you both.

I know Joe is a street jumper but he has always shown class on BOTH sides of the street cudos to him for his extra effort to make this surprise for you

Congrats to BOTH

I'm sure you guys will do something similar for a board member given the chance ...if you have not done so already but it just went unacknowledged...to you guys/gals i take my hat off.

Sincerely,

Joe (thumbs u