• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AT Franklin Half?

14 posts in this topic

I wonder about this coin being AT. I am not a Franklin guru, although I do have several naturally toned franklins, but this does not look natural to me. But then what do I know? I would appreciate your opinions.

Jim

1948Dtonedfrankieobv.jpg1948Dtonedfrankierev.jpg

The colors follow the normal pattern for toning from the orange-brown-dark blue that is seen on other NT examples. Compare for yourself with the color toning template.

The concentric circles are what bothers me, they are almost too precise.

67421.jpg.3bab31d159499cf808fe8fab0c5f9172.jpg

If the color is portrayed accurately in the images, my guess is that it's not natural.
I agree with that very much, but I'd bet the colors are off. It actually looks to be album toned but the colors in the picture are bad.

The colors follow the normal pattern for toning from the orange-brown-dark blue that is seen on other NT examples. Compare for yourself with the color toning template.

The concentric circles are what bothers me, they are almost too precise.

Concentric circle toning is a naural phenominon that is highly prized, if the colors are nice. That's not to say this coin is natural.

Thanks to all who replied and I appreciate the info. I'm not really afraid of the coin, but I just don't like it, so I'll pass on the trade offer.

Jim