• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH A PRICE ???

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to buy a coin for my husband for Christmas, but cannot seem to find the NGC price on this coin...if anyone could please help, I'd appreciate it. This reads on the NGC plastic casing:

2000 W Eagle G $10

PF 70 Ultra Cameo This is graded by NGC. THANKS!!!!!!!!!

The Greysheet bid on this coin in the raw is $140. That said, this is a "dealer's bid" price on this coin. A consumer can expect to pay about 30% above that for modern (and inexpensive) coins, so figure about $180 for the coin from a dealer. However, the coin that you describe is graded proof 70, a "perfect" grade. The person selling it is likely to capitalize on that fact (if it is fact) and try to sell it for a substantial premium. You may have to pay twice to five times as much for such a coin over one graded PF69UCAM. The price difference is only worth it to a very select few collectors. If your husband is one of those, then carry on. Be warned, however, that many people (including myself) consider purchase of such modern coins a dangerous expenditure, as there is not a good track record for their value.

Spend as little as you can, and try finding a PF69UCAM for a price in the range of $150-$180, unless your husband is hellbent on a PF70UCAM coin.

Hoot