• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25c 1958D MS68* (star) CAC

12 posts in this topic

I do not understand why you buy it and then sell it for basically a loss 3 weeks later - He had to get killed with teletrade 'juice' - I hope things are okay There Ron

Things are fine, I just lost interest in the ngc registry and am going to be getting rid of several coins that just don't fit into my new interests. Would have been better if I had figured that out before I plunked down $3600 for this quarter, but hindsight is 20/20.

If you can get that price for it, Congrats! Its lovely but you can get the same coin in ms67 with beautiful toning for a few hundred. hm But if you can find someone with a lot of extra money and building a top pop registry set I think you'll do OK. :wishluck:

If you can get that price for it, Congrats! Its lovely but you can get the same coin in ms67 with beautiful toning for a few hundred. hm But if you can find someone with a lot of extra money and building a top pop registry set I think you'll do OK. :wishluck:

What an odd thing to say, top pop coins routinely sell for considerably more than their lowly siblings. The first coin that comes to mind is the MS67RD Penny from Philadelphia 1958 or just about any philly penny from the 50's. Or for that matter the MS67FBL Franklin from either mint of ANY year. I don't make the rules or set the prices, but the laws of supply and demand say that if you have one of two coins at the highest grade level out of thousands of coins graded and there are hundreds of people out there that want the finest coin they can find to fill their collection the only fair way to decide who gets the best coins is price.

This is just my opinion. I'm sure there are some people out there that would pay that price, but I think that its kind of crazy. Especially for a 58-d quarter. Not to say yours isn't nice, but I would rather spend $3600 on something else. I'm just saying I don't think there's a waiting line for a coin of this caliber and it might take you some time to sell. I wish you all the luck (thumbs u

This is just my opinion. I'm sure there are some people out there that would pay that price, but I think that its kind of crazy. Especially for a 58-d quarter. Not to say yours isn't nice, but I would rather spend $3600 on something else. I'm just saying I don't think there's a waiting line for a coin of this caliber and it might take you some time to sell. I wish you all the luck (thumbs u

I do not think you understand .. this had to be bid on by a quite a few people for the price to get where Ron bought it at. This was a Teletrade auction .. he did not walk into some store with a price tag of $3200 on a quarter and say I take that.

It obviously was competitive bidding and RON won. He just needs to find the people he was bidding against and he will get rid of it I am sure.

Good Luck Ron

I do not think you understand .. this had to be bid on by a quite a few people for the price to get where Ron bought it at. This was a Teletrade auction .. he did not walk into some store with a price tag of $3200 on a quarter and say I take that.

It obviously was competitive bidding and RON won. He just needs to find the people he was bidding against and he will get rid of it I am sure.

Good Luck Ron

Exactly right. And, this coin could easily have sold for more than it did. Perhaps it would have in another venue, especially with both a Star and a CAC sticker!