• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you keep your slabs in?

27 posts in this topic

All my coins are in intercept shield boxes and subsequently in my safe with dessicant bags. With all the coins that seem to turn in their holders - I want to do the most I can to stop it from happening especially my complete Silver Eagle Proof Set which have tendancies to do that.

One of these.... (Mine has the trays for slabs)

l_h_ko3.jpg

and one of these...

l_h_mbkoffer5.jpg

one of the few things I can still thank my Ex-wife for was buying me these cases for Christmas 3 or 4 years ago (thumbs u

I also have some in the PCGS blue boxes as well....

l_h_mbkoffer5.jpg

I remember the first time I met Shane at the Clearwater show a few years back. He had that case with him, and I expected that he would give my car a tune-up.

Chris

PS. There are only three places where I don't store my slabs........cemeteries, mortuaries and mausoleums.

l_h_mbkoffer5.jpg

I remember the first time I met Shane at the Clearwater show a few years back. He had that case with him, and I expected that he would give my car a tune-up.

Chris

I am not a miracle worker Chris :o

I like that case Shane. Do you know where I might get one? I also really like that album, Rex. Is that a 3" binder?

I really want a wall mounted frame that will display my Franklin collection (will be 35 coins). I'm thinking of having my Dad make me one for Christmas or something.

Right now, my slabs are just in a couple of the blue Whitman boxes, and one NGC box. I have to say, I really like the NGC box much better as the slabs slide in and out very easily and it closes better, for PCGS and NGC coins. The Whitman box just seems too tight, its aggravating trying to get coins in and out and then close the lid.

Well...without question, OKbustchaser wins the prize for the most inexpensive and "imaginative" slab storage method. Well done there...bustchaser :golfclap:

I use the same method as Rexcat, the Eagle slab pages and have done so for quite a few years. They hold up quite well and the PCGS and NGC slabs fit snugly. For smaller slabs (like the old ANACS slabs) they sell white foam adaptors that the slabs fit into which in turn slip into the pages. Shop around online if you want to try these because I have seen them discounted...just can't remember where. Eagle also sells pages for their rigid plastic 2x2's, another system that I use a lot and am very pleased with.

When you hit a site where Eagle stuff is sold, you don't need to buy an Eagle notebook (as Rexcat said) because any 3 ring binder will do nicely. I have gotten as many as 6 full Eagle slab sheets in one of those puffy zip up 3 ring binders with the pockets and stuff.

I have attached 2 miserable photos, 1 showing the foam adaptor for smaller slabs, and 1 of a page with 3 of the foam adaptors in the page. My apologies for the deplorable scans...but I have pretty much given up trying photographs for the time being...mine SUCK. I am contemplating exactly how I can cram the digital camera down the garbage disposal... :frustrated:

RI Al

slabwrap-1.jpg

slabwrap2-2.jpg

Well...without question, OKbustchaser wins the prize for the most inexpensive and "imaginative" slab storage method. Well done there...bustchaser

Well, I guess I should admit that the slabs are in pieces and the coin removed before being stored there.

When you hit a site where Eagle stuff is sold, you don't need to buy an Eagle notebook (as Rexcat said) because any 3 ring binder will do nicely. I have gotten as many as 6 full Eagle slab sheets in one of those puffy zip up 3 ring binders with the pockets and stuff. RI Al

I've been using the Eagle holders for about 13 years, and they are nice. However, the zippered portfolios and the plastic pages are a bit expensive on the Eagle website.

If you choose to used this method, I strongly urge that you use a zippered binder (portfolio). When it is closed, the pages remain firmly in place. If you use an ordinary 3-ring binder without a zipper, the weight of the slabs puts pressure on the holes for the rings and they end up cracking. It is possible to put as many as 5 pages (45 slabs) into some of the zippered binders that are available.

Here is one site that has them........ www.ontimesupplies.com

Enter this item code in the search box: SAM15250

Well...without question, OKbustchaser wins the prize for the most inexpensive and "imaginative" slab storage method. Well done there...bustchaser

Well, I guess I should admit that the slabs are in pieces and the coin removed before being stored there.

Hey...I was gonna post that. :makepoint:

In silver plastic NGC boxes, except for one box of rattlers I keep in an old PCGS rattler black cardboard box.

I really want a wall mounted frame that will display my Franklin collection (will be 35 coins). I'm thinking of having my Dad make me one for Christmas or something.

Jason, given your toners, be VERY careful and keep them out of direct sunlight.

No, I squeeze the slabs in between my guns, Bobby. That way, if they want the slabs, they have to get around (20) loaded guns and me!

That'll work!! (thumbs u

big gun safe about 2500 bucks -bank safe 30bucks per yr -biometrics personal safe at my office about 300 bucks man it wasn't for crooks I could afford more coins and stuff