• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Visiting Woodgrain Copper

12 posts in this topic

I love the look of woodgrain copper cents. I just picked up a complete Dansco set of Lincolns and included was this 1921.

It jumped out as the look is so different from any other Lincoln cent within the album.

Anyone else like the look of woodgrain copper?

Share yours, if you have one.

21x.jpg

I really like your '09 Michael. I'm not sure what's going on with your '21 Pat, but I'm not sure (at least from those photos) that I would call that woodgrain. It looks almost damaged to me, again, based on those pics.

Sorry, it's not a Lincoln, but I haven't posted this one in a couple of years. This is one of the most perfect woodgrain toned coins I have seen because it actually looks like it could be wood, not just streaky, like some of the woodgrained coins. I almost expect to see a knothole on this one.

1864obv.jpg

1864rev.jpg

Sorry, it's not a Lincoln, but I haven't posted this one in a couple of years. This is one of the most perfect woodgrain toned coins I have seen because it actually looks like it could be wood, not just streaky, like some of the woodgrained coins. I almost expect to see a knothole on this one.

1864obv.jpg

1864rev.jpg

The reverse looks like the top of my tiger oak table (it doesn't have any knot holes either).