• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lowest premium over spot?

5 posts in this topic

In general which of these can be obtained, relatively easily, with the smallest premium over the spot price of silver?

I'm inclined to think the Canadian Silver Maples are but figured I'd ask around a bit.

USA Silver Eagle

Canada Silver Maple

Mexico Silver Libertad

Australia Silver Kookaburra

Australia Silver Kangaroo

Australia Silver Lunar

China Silver Panda

Austria Silver Philharmonic

Egland Silver Britannia

ps. Anyone know of any other government issued 1oz fine silver (.999 or better) bullion coins?

My experience is that the Britannia carries the greatest premium by far, on average, while the Maple Leaf and 1980s-issued Libertads carry the smallest. This is based upon types that can reliably be found in my local area within New England in any quantity. I see few of the Australian or Chinese issues here while the Austrian bullion coins are a new species. The US Eagles carry a nominal premium over the Canadian and Mexican pieces.

At this point, no matter what you look at, if your "spot" is the comex fantasy price, they will all have substantial premiums!