• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American silver eagles?

13 posts in this topic

I once talked about how one could buy american silver eagles from APMEX.com for either $2.49 or $2.99 over spot. Well at current silver prices I thought I would go there and buy a roll. Unfortunately I can no longer find a link to purchase silver eagles. I looked at other sites and best I found was $4+ over spot plus shipping. Where is the current best deal to purchase 20 or more silver eagles?

apmex.com

i just looked they have no slabbed saints available; i assume all sold out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

back to silver

remember there is a conspiracy with silver; many large huge concerns who deal in silver bought lots when silver was 15-20 dollars an ounce and then it quickly dropped to around 10-11 dollars and ounce

there is no shortage of supply the big concerns that buy and sell it are going to limit supply and only ONLY WHEN SILVER GOES BACK TO 20+ DOLLARS AN OUNCE WILL YOU THEN see a never ending supply for you to buy

I just sold 600 OZ last month, in rolls of 20, at 485. However anything considered rare like the 91/93/95/96/97/08 you should expect over 600.00 and upwards or

over 1,000.00 for a sharp roll of 1996.

Go to EBAY do a bullion search, look at the price they are bringing at auction and look at BUY IT NOW. This will give you the best course to an idea of what to

pay.

After you do that if you like EMAIL me at ALLENUSNAVY@HOTMAIL.COM

I know a few SILVER WHOLESELLERS that will beat the dealers on EBAY.

Some want payment buy Cashiers check, others want payment by

PAYPAL.

Hope this helps some.

Al Henderson

I just sold 600 OZ last month, in rolls of 20, at 485. However anything considered rare like the 91/93/95/96/97/08 you should expect over 600.00 and upwards or

over 1,000.00 for a sharp roll of 1996.

Go to EBAY do a bullion search, look at the price they are bringing at auction and look at BUY IT NOW. This will give you the best course to an idea of what to

pay.

After you do that if you like EMAIL me at ALLENUSNAVY@HOTMAIL.COM

I know a few SILVER WHOLESELLERS that will beat the dealers on EBAY.

Some want payment buy Cashiers check, others want payment by

PAYPAL.

Hope this helps some.

Al Henderson

Welcome to the neighborhood, Al!

Chris

apmex.com

i just looked they have no slabbed saints available; i assume all sold out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

back to silver

remember there is a conspiracy with silver; many large huge concerns who deal in silver bought lots when silver was 15-20 dollars an ounce and then it quickly dropped to around 10-11 dollars and ounce

there is no shortage of supply the big concerns that buy and sell it are going to limit supply and only ONLY WHEN SILVER GOES BACK TO 20+ DOLLARS AN OUNCE WILL YOU THEN see a never ending supply for you to buy

Really? What is the evidence for this? That is, from someone who is not a gold or silver promoter and appears to have a conflict of interest and simply makes an unsubstantiated claim with little or no evidence to support it.

The interesting thing about these conspiracies is that it always depends upon which side the person claiming it exists is on.

For example, the international integrated oil companies have frequently been accused of manipulating the price of oil and gasoline. Except that if they were, then why did it crash to about $10/barrell in both 1986 and 1999? Or was this some brilliant ploy to drive out their competitors?

When it comes to gold or silver, the proponents of these theories that I have read usually claim it is the national treasuries and central banks who are behind it because they have been "dumpling" their metals stocks.

I will agree that central banks are definitely trying to maintain the fiat currency ponzi scheme at all costs. We see that in the absurd proposals which have been issued and actions which taken over the last year. But if the government cannot control interest rates, what makes it any more likely that they (or anyone else) can control the prices of these metals?

These conspiracies and manipulations only appear to work when the psychological environment is going in that direction anyway. But when it changes, there isn't anything the government or anyone else can do to stop it. When it is time for gold and silver to soar as they did until recently, they will, not matter what the government (or anyone) else does or does not do. This is exactly what exists today in the credit markets as the cost of credit has soared or is unavailable at any cost even as central banks have been reducing their own (irrelevant) targets.

As for the current supply of silver, I agree that there is a shortage of retail silver in small quantities because I have not been able to find it and apparently many others cannot either. But another alternative to this supply dilemna (and a better explanation that any conspiracy arguement) might occur when current holders who are "weak hands" are forced to sell into a contracting economy.

The economy has been weakening for months, is now in recession and with the credit environment as bad as it is and getting worse, job losses are poised to soar. This is likely to be the next "shoe to drop" in 2009.

It is likely that many people both here and elsewhere will be forced to at least temporarily sell anything and everything they can in a mad dash to raise as much cash (primarily USD) as they can to pay their debts, meet margin calls and cover their living expenses in a possibly futile attempt to stay solvent. If this is a reasonably accurate description of what is in store, then most prices, including metals, will be under pressure at least temporarily.

World Colonial, I will buy all the silver you want to sell at $10.20 per ounce! In fact, I will even pay you in GOLD! 1 ounce gold for 83 ounces of silver, a very fair trade in apparently the only markets the feds are not manipulating. If you beleive that, put your bullion where your mouth is!

The fact that there is a large premium for retail silver over its publictly traded price is an indication of a shortage for retail silver and not necessarily silver in general. I have not tried to buy any larger quantity such as 1000oz bars but I do not believe anyone would have a problem buying these (such as by taking delivery on a futures contract) unless someone can demonstrate otherwise.

This premium also has nothing to do with any supposed manipulation either unless someone can prove otherwise. I have heard these claims many times and the proponents of them simply make a statement wihout providing any evidence or at least if there is any, I would like to know what it is. It usually (always in my experience) comes from a self interested source who is most likely making an excuse for being wrong on a market call and is trying to rationalize their incorrect forecast by attributing it to some insidious collusion.

As for the government attempting to manipulate markets, I already said that they have attempted to do so; that is what these absurd bailouts are. I am saying that there is no more manipulation in gold or silver than there is in these other markets and in any event, they do not work unless the trend is going in that direction anyway. And the recent action in financial markets is consistent with this opinion because if it was not, then why are the financial markets tanking even as governments worldwide take unprecendented actions that the conspiracy theorists would certainly use to describe as the reason for an alternative market outcome?

The same logic that applies to these markets equally applies to gold, silver or any other asset. There is not one set of criteria that should be applied to gold and silver and not to another asset class.

So the burden of proof for any argument should not be on a skeptic such as myself but on those who claim that there is this unique conspiracy.

The best explanation when the price of something falls is that current and potential market participants are not willing to pay the previous price. Otherwise, the price would not have fallen.

Anyone who does not believe this is free to try their own experiment which they can do by attempting to corner the market for any number of thinly traded coins. Go out and buy as many as you can and push the price up. The price will only stay there as long as they hold them UNLESS there is increased demand elsewhere.

Its true that you cannot short coins but it does not matter. If anyone tries to artificially supress the price of anything below what others are willing to pay for it, they will lose money. That is the way markets work.

I also find it interesting that many hard money advocates are rooting for higher metal prices. ( I am an advocate of sound money but not a "gold bug".) I think that many of these people think that they are going to get rich from an increase in bullion prices when the more likely truth is that they would make some money but would in all likelihood be worse off if their wishes came true. The reason for this is threefold. First of all, though the terms of trade for gold and silver would likely improve in a high or hyper-inflationary climate, the cost of most things would also increase and negate much of the increase in bullion prices. Second, most of them have insufficient resources to really benefit from a price surge because they cannot afford to buy the metals in large quantity anyway, even if it was available as they complain that it is not today. And third, the chaos and economic disruption which would accompany this outcome would more than offset any price appreciation on their metals holdings because of other factors such as higher taxes, job loss and so forth.

Be careful what you wish for. You might actually get it and still not like it.

Yeah, I gathered that much Charlie! My offer still stands though, and it's a bargain since the gold-silver ratio is now near 85!